Weekly games with the community

in my opinion, it would be cool if we could play some game together every week, for example, on Fridays.

For example,

1. Poker tournament,
  2. Smashkarts (online game)
  3. Quiz (Trivia etc)

In fact, I think there are many more games, but this is just an example. Those who win in this game, it is not necessarily 1 person, then he receives some kind of reward, such as the NFT or a special role in the community.

If the project team is interested, I am ready to help organize this activity. I think it can attract new people to the project.

DS IVAN#7699

3 Likes

Hey, why do you think it can attract new members to the projects server? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe we can use this idea here → https://forum.aptoslabs.com/t/101-activity-boost-for-aptos-forum/20008?u=sotpa1

1 Like

In my opinion, people love to play games, and especially when you can get something interesting from the project for these games. I think that this will attract other people, since word of mouth will work and every time more and more people will find out that there are a lot of activities on the Aptos discord server and you can not only have a good time, but also get some kind of reward

1 Like

yep, of course, we can use this topic, but still it is more about how to increase activity on the forum. I just don’t really like the daily tasks that you sent to the topic, because it bothers me.

That’s why I suggested doing weekly general activities like poker and other multiplayer games, etc.

2 Likes

i see, make sense! :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Sup buddy, poker and quiz it’s really good games for community, where everyone have a chance to win and take a good mood (:

1 Like

I like poker tournament.

3 Likes

Have you seen any dapp games built on current L1’s? Where i’m going with this is maybe someone could build something to play some type of game on the Aptos blockchain. I like your idea of games for sure, as it definitely can bring the community closer. However; I feel it lacks originality and does not differentiate the Aptos community. Yet, if we can somehow interact together live on chain as a community that would be unique and exciting.

1 Like

Nice one! Go play poker please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

no, i didnt see smth like that. Playing poker on the aptos network would be really cool, I wonder if we have someone who can do something like that, it can even be done without UI design, but just to make the mechanics work, I think it’s not very difficult

1 Like

Hello Ivanbro!
That’s a great suggestion, I made such a suggestion a few months ago. But now the team’s main goal is to develop the project and help develop the ecosystem, as well as improve education of both Move language developers and users who want to immerse themselves more in the Aptos ecosystem.
Maybe in the future your suggestion will find a place because I also think it is great.

2 Likes

yes, I understand that the team is more busy with the product now than the community, but sooner or later the community will have to be involved, and here my proposal may be relevant.

In any case, in my opinion, a long-standing activity does not take very much time and can be realized with little effort and the efforts of the community without the Aptos team.

2 Likes

A great idea to increase involvement in the project!

2 Likes

Let me post here my work that may be needed later:

Smash Karts is a 3D multiplayer kart racing game. Control your kart, pick up weapons and blow up other karts to win!

Each round, a player is chosen to draw something so that the others can guess what it is.

Telegram bot @gamee
Many different mini-games with a common leaderboard chess tournament - compiling a wish list - split into pairs - play for elimination

Discord bot for playing Play Mafia in Aptos discord server (MafiaBot)

1 Like

Bridges - it’s a logic puzzle

Task:
The player’s task is to connect the islands with lines, and at the same time, the number of bridges must correspond to the number indicated on the island

Regulations:
Initially, the figure indicates the number in each circle depicting the islands. It is necessary to connect the islands with bridges in the form of straight lines according to the following rules:
The number in the circle corresponds to the number of bridges on this island.
There cannot be more than two bridges between any two islands.
Bridges must be horizontal or vertical, and cannot cross other bridges or islands.
The islands must be connected in such a way that it is possible to get from any island to any other.
320px-Hashiwokakero_yuri_hasegawa
Ways to implement in the community:
:heavy_check_mark:the rules and the image with the problem are published in anounsement channel.
the winner is the one who first posts a photo with a solution in the general chat
:heavy_check_mark:I’m making a google form with member registration, rules, examples, and the main task is to upload an image to the form for a specific time. the first participant to send the correct solution is considered the winner
:heavy_check_mark:we use a third-party resource to which we provide a link, after the solution, you need to send a screenshot to the general chat. the first one to solve the problem is the winner.
Link: Hashi - online puzzle game

1 Like

The games are really cool , but as for me , it 's not like it won 't help the community to develop and attract new customers only if there are rewards for it . Unfortunately this is the truth

there is some truth in this, but in fact, games help to keep the community and strengthen it, since people often get to know each other after the games and talk about the project later.

Yes, of course, if it were possible to receive, for example, NFT for winning a game, then a lot of new people would come.

2 Likes

It would increase community activity, but we have to know that we are still in testnet phase :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that there is no difference when to start attracting the community. Yes, now there is a testnet and a bear market, but in my opinion this does not mean that you need to wait for some other opportune moment

1 Like