Web3 Gaming with Aptos x NPIXEL

Say hello to the next generation of games on Aptos!

Aptos is excited to announce our partnership with NPIXEL, a premier Korean Triple-A gaming studio. We are honored to be the new Web3 home for their METAPIXEL gaming universe!

This marks Aptos’ next major step into gaming. Let’s dive into what inspired us to kick off this industry-leading journey with NPIXEL and how we are creating the best experience for gamers.

Redefine Web3 Gamer Experience

Today gamers and developers alike battle a multi-asset world where the gaming experience and token storage feel like miles away — and are bogged down by slow and often unsafe networks. It’s just not easy to build and play games.

Here’s how Aptos closes that gap:

1. Sub-second latency // Fast execution for a smooth gaming experience.

On mainnet today, the average end-to-end latency is subsecond making Aptos one of the highest performing networks for gaming. This creates a quick and responsive in-game experience.

2. Technical safeguards // Safer assets for gamers.

Only Aptos has user-focused safeguards that are engineered to protect users at the blockchain layer, such as key rotation, account recovery, and transaction pre-execution. Aptos gaming assets are safe as a result.

3. High fidelity // Seamless game developer experience.

In-game assets can be represented entirely on the Aptos blockchain without the need for additional metadata stored off-chain. That means more time building games instead of managing assets across tech stacks.

4. Portability // Take your assets wherever you go.

Acquired assets are easily represented within Aptos and allow gamers to gain access to the broader Aptos ecosystem for seamless interoperability across platforms.

We’re kicking off this partnership with an Aptos x NPIXEL event alongside the GSTAR conference in Busan this week with Aptos Dev Hub Korea, a community-run organization focused on supporting Aptos game developers. NPIXEL and Aptos are bringing together the builders who will take Web3 gaming to the next level.

Bringing Gaming to New Heights

NPIXEL is best known for its first massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Gran Saga, which had quickly became one of the top performing game apps on the Apple App store in Korea (with the record of 4 million downloads since its first launch in Korea and Japan). Now that they’ve taken Korea by storm, NPIXEL aims to expand its user base across the Southeast with Gran Saga’s upcoming global release later this year.

With millions of gamers in the NPIXEL community today, their entry into Web3 with Aptos has the potential to take the global Web3 movement to new heights.

Together, we’ve got some exciting goals to make METAPIXEL the premier Web3 gaming-verse:

• Triple-A game IP (original IP)
  • True ownership of game assets
  • Free-to-own gaming model
  • GameFi to open up a new economy for gamers

It’s going to be game on in the race to elevate Web3 gaming experiences worldwide, and Aptos and NPIXEL are here to lead the charge!

If you read and liked this text on the forum, write me a comment and join the discussion! @boby_cat

18 Likes

Keep building

1 Like

Of course, sir.
The team should create this

That is a huge step :v:

1 Like

how to get in? maybe some wl for us?

Continue building success ahead

We have to wait, I think the developers will come up with something for us!

@neillh @maxunger @sherry @zach @drew @josh @kent @max @jovar

Aptos is bombastic and unusual!!!

We have to wait, I think the developers will come up with something for us!

@boyu @abidtn7303 @dev2135

Let`s GO guys!

More details on the launch, including the timeline, will come out soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That would be nice.
Interesting for me.
Please inform me also

1 Like

I hope the Aptos community finds out a little sooner :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes sure. It is soon.

2 Likes

This is awesome guys

1 Like

BULLISH with the game that they are building, I hope I can get an early access for the 2nd community playtest of Gran Saga Unlimited.

1 Like

Interesting, I’m going to download gran saga and give it a try. I wonder if we can collect game assets on anything yet. Gonna look into their links. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks you for sharing with us ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah very soon bro

have you tried their game already?

hmmm interesting :slightly_smiling_face:

nice one from the aptos team