I’m comparing both Solidity and Move for my CS master thesis. I am wondering if some of you guys have experience with both and what your experience was moving from one to the other. If you could answer any of the questions below that would be really helpful! It would give me a general idea of people’s experience with Move.
- What was your experience learning to learn Move coming from Solidity? (Was it hard or easy?)
- Do you find Move easier or harder to learn than Solidity?
- What was the biggest difference you had to adapt to when you started programming in Move?
- Both languages have a very different style of thinking due to different design decisions made by developers How did your programming practices change due to that?
- Do you find Move more safe than Solidity? Do you have to program less safety features (eg. checks) yourself because the Move language already has those safety features built-in?
- What is a feature you miss in Move that you used in Solidity?
If you only have experience with Move, I am also interested to hear about your experiences