Official Aptos YouTube channel

I think APTOS COMMUNITY needs official channel on YouTube
There we can post all Move Mondays & Workshop Wednesday , I think these videos will be very helpful because not everybody can be at these calls and it better to watch it later, but not of them all are recorded

We can make guides how to surf on forum, guides about Miro board, videos about events about testnet, and other news about Aptos project
Plus, we can create local community playlists where people can download their basic language guides and other video materials

I think this channel can be helpful for our community
It will help Aptos to become the most scalable and used blockchain layer 1

What do you think about it?

6 Likes

I definitely agree that it would be nice to have a YouTube channel to post a variety of videos and content. For example the Google Cloud talk that Mo did at NFT NYC would be great for the YouTube. In regards to Move Monday, they recently started doing these on Twitch which records the session. The workshop Wednesday is really meant to be interactive as far as I know and it would defeat a bit of the purpose I think if people just watched a video on it later. Just my 2 cents though.

1 Like

100% agreed. I think having an official platform will help reduce the people going to the fake ones. People will naturally go to YouTube and other such places because they are used to doing that in the Web2 world.

1 Like

:joy: :laughing: First of all, we need an official video guide how to set up the node with official docs

1 Like

Definitely makes sense :+1:! Even if that channel has unofficial status, it’ll be very helpful for Aptos community. Let’s set up a channel and start collecting and posting videos to the channel

1 Like

First of all we need to decide a name for this channel ! Name , that would be approved and liked by James and the team, I think ! @james what do you think ?

It sounds like a joke, but it’s true :100:
If Aptos want to be the most scalable blockchain, I think it’s very important to make our community much bigger, and we need to teach newbies how to launch nodes and
how to support the project

1 Like

Is there a channel in place?!

2 Likes

I think the proposals to create a channel at the moment do not make much sense. Aptos mission is to create infrastructure and help projects that are involved in construction. When we’re done, bloggers will jump in and highlight Aptos. The only acceptable format I see is the official channel for AMA sessions and columns like the Aptos Development Diary.

ps. If Aptos will control every little movement of the community up to the creation of a youtube channel, we can forget about decentralization

3 Likes

I am sure the Aptos team understands this and is already preparing/has prepared videos that will be posted on YouTube. After all, when they ask about recording a meeting in the same discord, they are told that it is all being recorded. James also keeps a record of every workshop.

3 Likes

So the community can upload video tutorials to personal YouTube accounts at this stage. And then it will be possible to to implement this idea of creating playlists :star_struck:

Blockquote

2 Likes

The main reason why Aptos need official YouTube - because main reason it’s not to promote our brands(yourself brand) and channels ( I’m about influencers ) , it’s about to represent Aptos and represent Aptos brand !

Main thing is - how to make Aptos better .
I have nothing against collaboration . But I think first of all people should get information (correct information ) from the original source

2 Likes

Agree with you :100:
Videos with a short presentation(about Team, Ecosystem etc) would be nice.

2 Likes