Move Name Service | Mapping human-readable name to wallet address & Providing ID layer to Aptos

Thank you for the great concerned

5 Likes

Much appreciated @khalid66

5 Likes

Great idea.Can you tell me how this differs from multisig? It sort of sounds like a more personalized version of it really and what would be the fail safe if for whatever reason the other party could not sign or “approve” the transaction? This sounds like a very good idea for the crypto and tech intimidated individual and perhaps a trojan horse approach to onboard newcomers exposing them to the tech. By listing them as “next of kin” and having them sign transactions they are learning valuable skills!

5 Likes

added to our website movemarketcap :rocket:

4 Likes

Hi @fomoescobar , thanks for your questions.
The process would abort and the fail safe would be that funds wont go. The sender is safer and if they still want to send, then they can repeat the process.

4 Likes

Thank you @dvdesiat for clarifying. I like your idea and energy!

3 Likes

Yes, we need a more secure and safer Aptos for everyone. A better crypto world for us all.
Do let me know if we can do much more moving on.

Thanks
Dave E
Aptos, East Africa

3 Likes

More clarity please.

4 Likes

Thank you for your messages!

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback!

3 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

Thank you. We will create a great project!

2 Likes

Thank you again for your work!!:rocket:

4 Likes

Hello, David.
Thank you so much for your suggestions! I really appreciate.

1:

I understood the idea was to connect the phone number to the MNS name, enabling the strong authentication. Adding phone authentication to the MNS name could make something like SBT possible. I will consider this idea as a part of future enhancements with our technical members.

2:

This is also a very interesting idea, as the fight against scammers is a very big and important topic in the Web3 area. However, in this case, I feel that preventing money transfers cannot be done by MNS alone, and that it would be necessary to partner with wallet services, or for MNS to develop its own wallet in order to stop money transfers.

Do you know any ways that MNS on its own could implement this idea? If you know of any, I would be glad to hear from you.
However, even if it is not possible for MNS to do this on its own, it seems like an idea that would be worth partnering with other wallet services to make it happen.

Thank you so much!!!

6 Likes

Good. Thanks for accepting those suggestions.

3 Likes

Hi Oliver
Thanks for the hard work behind in there. I am sure you and the team are really up to this big project. Congratulations everyone!

I see idea 2 needs more support. Yes web3 is the future of the web but it needs to be a shared future and for web3 to win, a lot of technical infrastructure on the web needs to be completely rewired and redesigned, which is work largely unstarted as of today but MNS is right there.

Take a ways

1. Building a wallet seems like another project. You do not wish to take that route since it will derail your current project roadmap.
  2. Partnering with wallet providers maybe something MNS can explore in the later stages of its project should this continue to ring in the product maturity stages.
  3. As an experienced product manager, I could be able to look into how MNS a lone can take this forward and craft such a powerful utility for the next web.
  4. Best option is for MNS to use the security of Aptos to adopt this as we explore what is possible in the shared future for everyone.

A lot is possible.
MNS can also build security features that allow users to cancel a transaction, acquire SSL certificates etc making it secure to receive payments in any cryptocurrency.

I thank you for replying to us.
Much appreciated
David

6 Likes

Hello, David!
Thank you for replying. I appreciate your warm message!

You are right, creating our own wallet is very hard, so partnering with other wallets or using the security features of Aptos itself seem like a good way to go.

We do not know at this time what security features Aptos will establish on the mainnet, but we’re going to catch up and make MNS a better service. Thank you.

I hope we can find a solution to make this happen, especially since our goal is to create a future where many people can use blockchain more safely and more easily!

7 Likes

Wow… That’s an interesting vision. Keep going dear.

2 Likes

We just released MNS Testnet!!:rocket::rocket::rocket:

Try it to get the names you want!

MNS Testnet:
https://app.move-names.domains/

How to use :
https://medium.com/@move_name_service/how-to-use-mns-testnet-b0daaafe9269

The current version of MNS Testnet is still in beta. Therefore, there is a possibility that some parts may be difficult to use, or bugs may occur.
If you have any trouble, let us know on our Discord server!

Discord: discord.gg/dc4Q6aPB8X

4 Likes

Top innovation :bulb:
Undoubtedly, the best naming system we can have on APTOS
@cryptoaadam let’s get this testing done now. Fast

2 Likes