Implementing meta-transactions on Aptos

Dear Aptos community,

We are a team of developers building a stablecoin focused smart-wallet that is designed with a seedless login feature, leveraging Multi-Party Computation (MPC) technology, to ensure a straightforward and secure user experience to the unique needs of non-crypto users, especially those in the LATAM and APAC regions, which is our target regions.

We firmly believe that the complexities of the crypto world should not pose a barrier to entry for users new to this space and driven by the vision to abstract new users from the existence of native gas tokens, aiming for an interface that is even more intuitive than what is currently offered by modern web2 neobanks. With meta-transactions, we believe we can simplify the transaction process, making it more accessible and user-friendly.

Question: What do you think is the most correct and stable way to implement “gasless” transactions on Aptos?

By “gasless,” I mean that users should not have to pay for gas in native Aptos tokens. Instead, they should be able to pay for gas in a stablecoin, such as Move Dollar or LayerZero USDC/USDT before that stables goes native on Aptos.

This would make it more accessible for users who do not have native Aptos tokens, and it would also help to reduce the volatility of gas prices.

We have been exploring the possibility of implementing meta-transactions on Aptos, and we would love to hear your thoughts and feedback.

In particular, we would like to learn more about the following:

• How do meta-transactions can work on Aptos at current state of network?
  • What are the security considerations for implementing meta-transactions relayer if we start to build it for our needs?
  • Any plan for AptosLabs or core infrastructure teams to implement built-in meta-transaction mechanism or some tools?

We would be grateful for any information you can provide. Your insights and experiences are invaluable to us as we navigate this uncharted territory.

Thank you for your time. We look forward to hearing from you.

9 Likes

Congratulations on your first steps!

3 Likes

Good article.

3 Likes

I think it is much better to pay gas fees on the Aptos network with APT than using stable coins. If using stables coins, the APT token will lose a lot of value.

2 Likes

sound like a great idea to me! excited for this project!

2 Likes

You have good idea

3 Likes

Great work :+1:

1 Like

Why? In both cases APT will be paid for gas, but in topic case it will be on behalf of user. If it bring adoption to those people, who will not learn things “what is gas?”, “why I need it?”, “how to buy it?”, “why price is different” then it’s even better for value of APT. Also think about one more thing - if someone pay on behalf, then he must hold APT for that - received stable, need to be converted in APT to pay more gas for other users - but APT for stablecoins isn’t a bad idea for value, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Great article, thanks for sharing

2 Likes