Is Identity Connect the new narrative to help Aptos achieve mainstream adoption?
I’ve checked it, I’ve used it, and it is a VERY convenient way to link Web2 credentials to Web3
Also, it is tech developed by Aptos Labs (Airdrop category or multiplier? )
Here’s how to get started:
- Go to https://identityconnect.com/
- Link any credential you prefer. Right now there are only three: Google, Twitter/X, or Facebook.
- Once signed in, click “Add a wallet” and a QR code will appear
- You’re gonna need the Pontem mobile app, install it from the app store, import your Aptos wallet, and then scan the QR.
- After scanning the QR using the Pontem mobile app, allow linking with IdentityConnect, and then you’re done!
After setting it up, test it here: https://star-fighter.vercel.app/
Make sure to select Identity Connect when connecting to the Star Fighter DAPP, then play a game.
Congrats! You’ve just stress-tested Aptos’ new tech!