How can Aptos airdrops sustain interst in ecosystem and not a cash grab?

A general discussion on how to avoid Pump and Dump on Future Aptos token airdrops or any other airdrops in the Ecosystem.
I am interested in examples of other ecosystems in crypto that did not end up as easy money grabs.
Do you see value in governance? Maybe rewards in sort of learn to earn?
Does it make sense the topic :slight_smile: ?

8 Likes

The best airdrops are the unexpected :wink:
We are in the right place, let’s build this community, and maybe we’ll get something in the future! Aptos <3

5 Likes

if any token has a use and utility it won’t be affected to dump. For example BNB.

2 Likes

How was the case of BNB actually?
I just read an analysis where there is stated only 2% of airdrop receivers of Uniswap took part in Governance.
Most dumped.
Now this didn’t do bad to the protocol however that was 2019 (?) pre crazy Atom airdrop era.
Is there a way airdrops should be constructed to incentivize staying along or should there be extra vestings or other sort of stuff?

2 Likes

I think the token holders should earn a piece of revenue (e.g. in the DeFi protocols)

The last airdrop did bring lots of hype to the NFT space. We could incentivize the airdropper with DAO governance, higher yield on De-Fi, etc… to keep them keep on their token and spend it on the ecosystem

5 Likes

Actually in any project in the case of airdrop theres no way to avoid a dump. The only thing is the Dao behind the project that will be responsible for the growth of the token.

1 Like

Aptos team have liquidity to meet the terms

Vesting and gradual release of airdropped tokens.
Also, if holding tokens, staking or putting in pools will be more attractive than just dumping.

1 Like