Delegated Domain Allocation by Questbook

Thank you for great info

15 Likes

@saurabhd1 Very information, thanks! :+1:

14 Likes

Great proposal!

After seeing grant initiatives evolve over the last few years in our industry, I believe that independent grant teams and initiatives outside of foundations are both necessary and healthy for a project(particularly if it is a protocol). These types of initiatives can help create an organic decentralized body to allow outsiders, programs and projects outside of an organisations strategic focus. They complement what a core team is providing by being credibly neutral associates.

Having helped with the outline of this proposal, I would like to express interest in taking on a role as a domain allocator. We felt it would be in the best interest of the initiative to not have this included in the proposal but as a separate piece to allow any passionate community member to show their interest.

Who am I?

I’m Wade Abel and have been involved in the crypto space since 2017. I take on many roles within different projects and consider myself a jack of all trades that provides a unique perspective due to the array of aspects I touch in the space. Some of the roles that make me ideal to help as a domain allocator:

• Founder of The Passive Trust - an independant validator entity that operates infracstructure on numerous protocols
  • Co-founder and Steward at Prezenti - A community run grants initative on the Celo blockchain.
  • Integrations at Tally Ho - Supporting integrations of the community run Open Source browser extension wallet.

I have also been deeply involved in the Diem/Move ecosystem since November 2021. Particularly helping the engineering department for 0L(Open Source Diem Fork) and also Sui with Wave 1 and 2 of their testnet. I have been following Aptos since inception and have been waiting for an opportunity that would allow me to best utilize my skills and provide value to the ecosystem. With this in mind, I would like to gauge community feedback in having me as either the Domain Allocator for Move education or Open Source Projects & Public goods.

Thanks @saurabhd1 and looking forward to hear feedback around both the proposal and my expression of interest as a domain allocator.

12 Likes

wow! so many information you collect in one post :exploding_head:

11 Likes

Very informative and detailed, thanks

11 Likes

A truly amazing opportunity.

I would be elated to play a role here.

13 Likes

@saurabhd1 Very detailed information, thanks :heart: :+1:

8 Likes

Great! Thank you!

11 Likes

Hey, can you share your Telegram? I can DM you and see how you can play a role in this.

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing this detailed proposal

9 Likes

Wow, a lot of work has been done. Great article!!! :heart_decoration:

5 Likes

DuckWorks | Play-To-Earn on Aptos its a good post

5 Likes

This is a great proposal @saurabhd1 & team. What’s motivating about this proposal is how broken the grants process across all ecosystems. Questbook seems to have done a solid job in navigating with a great solutioning for the public good & the wider ecosystem. Quite liking the mature vision that’s displayed on the proposal

About myself:

I’ve been in the crypto space since late2019-early 2020. I have been mostly a self-taught builder in crypto having spent sufficient time across EVM & non-EVM based Blockchain communities notably in the Solana ecosystem.

I lead Blockchain Initiatives at Chingari, one of the largest Web3 Social Media companies in the space that has amassed close to 2.3M on-chain users with a daily active users of 150,000.

Here’s the on-chain metrics that reflects our team’s success in the space, in a span of 7 months since we went live on Web3.

https://analytics.topledger.xyz/gari/public/dashboards/gari

Currently I’m leading the Aptos development initiatives at Chingari, with our product & ecosystem due to go live in a couple of months on Aptos Mainnet.

Here are my socials & a recent blogpost about my recent interactions at Palo Alto, when I had the chance to interact with Aptos Labs team & the NFT community.

Twitter handle: DrJohnD0e

Prior to Chingari, I also had the opportunity to lead the Indian community outreach initiatives of OceanDAO. I had helped grow the community through outreach activities in the Indian community before heading over to Chingari. During the programs, I was an active Project reviewer for a lot of projects that applied for OceanDAO rounds.

Motivation to be a DA:

Given that NFT & Gaming vertical would also be very much suitable to cover Web3 Social Media, I’d be happy to be a DA in the mentioned vertical.

10 Likes

This looks like a solid proposal as a Move DAO I support this proposal also helps improving the reputation of Aptos in the builder circle.

9 Likes

A great proposal in every way.

What I like about this proposal is the care taken to remain aligned, and ensure future commitment to some of the core tenets of crypto and blockchain tech, which are an emphasis on community and transparency. It aims to increase efficiency and transparency by observing the weaknesses of central models and doing the opposite. This to me is an extension of the Aptos approach to this space in that it identifies pain points and provides solutions in order to deliver a safer and better user experience. The DA’s will be community members, all actions will be publicly viewable and the future of this program will be determined based on community assessment of DA performance, in a decentralized manner.
The idea of prioritization as opposed to generalization is a far superior model imo.

I have been in the crypto space since early 2017 and have carefully observed it’s evolution since then.
In doing so I have been exposed to both ends of the spectrum in terms of what has worked and what has not and have learned to identify at an early stage the probability of success in many of the different approaches taken by participants vying for a meaningful position in this space within reason. There is no greater advantage than a strong community! While I have not been in the employ of any related entity, I have been engaged in this space and have roughly two years experience reading and voting on proposals of many different types for some well established players including : Cosmos Hub, Osmosis, Juno and recently Mantle protocol as well as others. This has given me meaningful insight to the needs of community, matters of importance vs desire and has helped me to identify the true voice of the community through delegation, and voting for the greater good of all. I am expressing my interest to act as a community initiatives and growth development DA, and feel that my understanding and experience in this space in general may make me a potential candidate. Thank you @saurabhd1 for this very considerate and detailed proposal.

5 Likes

We’ve met with the Questbook team on various occasions, lastly being here in Denver today! We think this proposal is well times and great in that it ensures future commitment with strong emphasis on transparency and efficiency. We also share much of the other feedback we’ve seen on the forums!

Form our standpoint, we’re interested in getting more involved. This would most directly be achieved with applying for a DA. We believe we are super qualified and would love to cover the “Move Education” and/or “Academic Research” domains. This could be either, or we propose possibly combining the two if deemed appropriate for one “Research & Education” domain.

For some background, Penn Blockchain is a completely student run university and higher education focused orgnaization/DAO that contains ~300 students from the University of Pennsylvania and Wharton Business School. We have committees that cover topics in research, education, investments, development, and governance. Our team has researched topics across the space and are actively expanding and tackling innovative topics in the space. We are involved with many different defi protocols in the ETH L1 space as well as delegates for various L1/2’s such as Starknet and Optimism. More information can be found at FDGovernance.xyz.

As a whole, we recently hosted our annual Penn Blockchain conference. We hosted ~1,500 students and industry experts from around the world in Philadelphia for a 2 day conference coinciding with a 5 day hackathon. From the hackathon’s side, We saw over 300 participants from 25+ different schools win thousands of dollars in rewards across half a dozen tracks. More information can be found at PennBlockchain.com. Our development team has also incorporated Move based educational workshops and information into our weekly sessions, something that will continuously be expanded upon in the future!

We thank the Aptos community and look forward to their feedback in the coming weeks! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Very interesting info

3 Likes

Classwork :+1:
Thank you @saurabhd1 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

very good!

2 Likes

Thank info bro

2 Likes