Find out if it is active
If a project is not active, it could have been abandoned or could be a crypto scam. There are a few different types of activity to look for.
- Social media and website activity:
- Is the website up to date? Does the project post regularly on social media?
- Community activity: A healthy community is another good sign – whether it’s on Reddit, Telegram, Discord, or elsewhere.
- Developer activity: If there’s been no developer activity for a while, that’s a worrying sign. See how active it is on github, a site developers use to track code.
- Trading volume: Finally, make sure there are people trading the crypto you want to buy. A high trading volume is a sign of greater liquidity and more stability.