Crypto Classic - 3. NFT

I’d like to post a series of articles under the name of “Crypto Classic”. It’s more like educating myself. But it could be helpful for some community members too. I wrote about ethereum here Speaking of ETH, it’s appropriate to think about NFT. Below is a really simplified and essential information about NFT. Members who want to read more are advised to read Wikipedia (Non-fungible token - Wikipedia) as a good start.

NFT stands for Non-Fungible Token, which is a unique digital asset that is stored on a blockchain. Unlike traditional cryptocurrencies, NFTs are not interchangeable and each one is one-of-a-kind. NFTs can represent a wide range of digital assets, including digital art, music, videos, and even tweets.

One of the main benefits of NFTs is that they provide a way for digital creators to prove ownership and authenticity of their work. Because the ownership of an NFT is recorded on a blockchain, it can’t be duplicated or tampered with, making it a reliable way to verify ownership.

The popularity of NFTs has exploded in recent years, with some high-profile sales reaching millions of dollars. The most expensive NFT sale to date is a digital artwork by artist Beeple, which sold for $69 million in March 2021.

Critics of NFTs argue that they contribute to the growing wealth inequality in the art world, as only a few artists are able to command such high prices for their digital works. Others argue that the environmental impact of blockchain technology used to store NFTs is a concern, as it requires a lot of energy to maintain.

Despite these criticisms, the use of NFTs is expected to continue to grow in popularity as more people recognize their potential to revolutionize the way we think about ownership and value in the digital world.

13 Likes

NFT adoption is inevitable :fire:

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply, mate. We need to be very careful in investing in NFTs.

5 Likes

That’s true :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Great thread mate

3 Likes

I ilke NFT than tokens, thanks bro for info

2 Likes

I love NFTs

2 Likes

I love this!!!

2 Likes

Thanks, mate. Is your profile picture an NFT?

3 Likes

Hi dangcongsu, I agree. NFT has some additional elements than tokens. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

me too. haha. I hope a bullish run.

2 Likes

thanks, ken. let’s communicate.

1 Like

Great, love NFTs​:+1: :relieved:

1 Like
2 Likes

ok, I did it. Man… it’s ten figures. I don’t know who’s going to pick the second one. haha.

2 Likes

I guess it’s all about the money anyways in web3🫠

1 Like

On here or on WhatsApp???

1 Like

Exactly @wanisili :100:

2 Likes

oh, I just wanted to say hi. nothing serious. let’s communicate often here in the forum and replies. :grinning:

2 Likes

thanks, chain. :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

1 Like