Aptos Node Informer

Aptos Node Informer

Description

Description:
This is a special tool to get information about the running node and display it in an understandable and pleasing for the node operator. This is a client-server application, where the server collects information about a specified node, and the client shows this information. The server gets information from node API and node metrics. Also, Informer tests port access on the node.

Goals

This tool helps the node operator controls the right node settings and correct node state.

A lot of people use the informer to get information about the state of the node, especially in the testnet preparation phase and in the devnet.

Milestones

The tester has been working for a long time. Already at this stage, users can receive data. I constantly analyze what data is in the blockchain and node metrics and figure out how to use it with the greatest benefit.

You can see the live demo:

Skills & Experience

All my team - I’m! I have been programming for about 30 years. For the last 10 years, I have given a very significant role to web programming.

My general skills:

• JavaScript, NodeJS
  • HTML
  • CSS/LESS
  • PHP
  • SQL, PL/SQL, PSQL (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres)

Motivation

I really like the concept of Aptos, its possibilities, and prospects. At the moment, I have practically withdrawn from other projects in order to be able to concentrate on Aptos. I’m currently heavily learning Rust and Move to get to the level of working with the Aptos kernel.

Also, my age plays a big role, unfortunately, I am already 50, and it is very difficult for me to find a job because they usually hire young people. I am currently unemployed and hope that my ecosystem projects and community projects will allow me to earn money to support my family.

Technical Architecture

Aptos Status Monitor written on:

• Server-side - NodeJS, Aptos API over my @olton/apos library
  • Client-side - JavaScript, HTML, CSS/LESS, Metro4, ChartJS

Key Risks & Challenges

The project does not carry risks, because it performs only an informative role and does not affect the data inside the blockchain in any way.

6 Likes

Very good Job! As usual :slight_smile:

1 Like

So real usful staff! Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Your project and others like it are of great benefit to the Aptos ecosystem and help validators collect information in a more convenient way. It would be great if you added the ability to view the location of all nodes in the network on a world map, now this is especially true due to Aptos’ desire for decentralization. I wish you success!

2 Likes

Thanks for that, I appreciate it :grinning:

1 Like

Sounds really useful

1 Like

very helpful service, cool

1 Like